02 KING QUAD, idles fine, misses under power?

Old 01-15-09, 04:59 PM
02 KING QUAD, idles fine, misses under power?

it only has about 150 miles on it. i do use it year round, just do not go too far with it. had a complete service on it last year, put maybe 15 miles on it since. i've been using it lately to plow snow around 3-4 times in the last two weeks with no problems. all of a sudden, today its missing under power. starts fine, idles fine, garaged. always treat the gas with stabilizer. gas might be from the summer, though. could it be it went from a warmer than outside garage to 15 degrees without warming it up. i always did it this way, but today was a little colder than usual. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-09, 05:26 PM
Summer gas is a different composition than winter gas. The winter stuff is setup to vaporize easier - mainly for the fuel injected jobs, though. I don't know if that would be the problem. I think I would change the gas to be current, however.

In the process, change the spark plug. Low useage plugs have a tendency to foul. Then put a little Sea Foam in it to clean it up. You can get that stuff from Walmarts and auto parts stores.

If that doesn't do it, post back, you could have an ignition problem = weak spark from a CDI setup.

Old 01-15-09, 05:35 PM
i'll change the plug and the gas. i've never used sea foam. where does it go when you say" put it in". thanks

Old 01-15-09, 09:01 PM
Just follow the instructions on the can. You can use it in the gas or oil or both. You would put it in the gas.