1993 Honda 300, broken gear shifter

Old 02-15-09, 03:47 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question 1993 Honda 300, broken gear shifter

I have a broken gear shifter on my 1993 Honda 300 4WD, 4-Wheeler. It has been more and more difficult to get into neutral, requiring more rolling back-n-forth. And I kicked the shifter down pretty hard and it felt like something gave internally...and now it moves up and down without any gears changing. Any ideas on how to fix? I'm getting ready to tear it apart...and see what inside the gear box.

Thanks!!

Old 02-15-09, 06:47 PM
you will have to split the cases, you most likely bent a shift fork or broke a pin on the shifter.

if we're not supposed to eat animals why are they made out of meat?

Old 02-15-09, 08:36 PM
B
Thanks!!!

Very much obliged Speedwrench!

It sounded and felt like whatever the foot pedal is connected to and/or with just broke. There's no resistence at all now...i can lift up or push down the gear shift freely.

The shifter goes into a housing...I guess that's what you mean by the cases. I'm not a ATV mechanic, obviously...but am fairly mechanically inclined. how difficult would you rate this procedure...on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the hardest? i know that is a relative question, and you have no idea of what repairs I can or can't handle.

Thanks!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question