Gasoline EZ GO problem

Old 02-20-09, 10:11 AM
Gasoline EZ GO problem

I have an old EZ GO with a Robin EH29c engine. I have to crank the engine up to two minutes to get it to start and then it runs slower than it has in the past. It seems to be getting fuel (smells flooded). On a shops recommendation, I tighten the belt to improve the output on the generator but to no avail.

It seems like I have a weak spark. Maybe not. HELP

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-09, 05:26 AM
Group Moderator
You need three things: fuel, compression and spark. If any one is not correct the engine will not run. Possible problems:

Engine is being turned over too slow to start. If it turns too slow a weak engine may not develop enough compression or a strong enough spark.

Even though you smell fuel the engine may not be getting the proper mixture to start. Could be a bad fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, clogged/dirty or out of adjustment carb.

The engine could just be old and not have good compression. Bad valves or rings.

Basically there is a lot that could be wrong at this point. You need to do some investigating and check everything that an engine needs to work. If something is good go on to the next thing until you find the problem.

Old 02-22-09, 08:28 AM
valve adjustment

adjust the valves at .006 that usually perks them up a bit, and definitely check out what Dan suggested