Honda Fourtrax

Old 04-17-09, 01:10 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honda Fourtrax

Three questions about an Honda 1986 Fourtrax.
One:The kick starter does not catch enough to really turn over the motor . Is there a way to tighten this up? I usually use the electric start, but want a back up just in case.
Two: the previous owner broke the choke button that runs to the left side of the handle bar. Since then, I have been using a plier to operate the choke cable I taped to the side of the machine. Is there a cheap place to purchase the handle bar assembly so I can reconnect the choke, and all the accessories that run to it?
Three:The idle adjustment screw came out. I can't seem to get it back. I have been using the plier/choke to control the idle speed. Any suggestions here.
Thanks for any assistance

Charlie

Old 04-27-09, 04:39 PM
J
Originally Posted by cdevore View Post
Three questions about an Honda 1986 Fourtrax.
One:The kick starter does not catch enough to really turn over the motor . Is there a way to tighten this up? I usually use the electric start, but want a back up just in case.
Two: the previous owner broke the choke button that runs to the left side of the handle bar. Since then, I have been using a plier to operate the choke cable I taped to the side of the machine. Is there a cheap place to purchase the handle bar assembly so I can reconnect the choke, and all the accessories that run to it?
Three:The idle adjustment screw came out. I can't seem to get it back. I have been using the plier/choke to control the idle speed. Any suggestions here.
Thanks for any assistance

Charlie
I usually press the kickstart a couple times slowly till I can feel good pressure built up, I think you will have a hard time starting while kickin it on the down stroke. You can find The choke cable on ebay I am sure. The Idle screw has a flat head on the bottom of the thumbscrew. If it comes out you will not be able to use the thumbscrew to put it back in, because the metal screw will slide out of the plastic thumbscrew a little, so you need to push it up somehow while screwing it in, or get a flathead in there. I just learned this about the idle screw because I rebuilt carb and had it off the 4 wheeler.....good luck and hope I was somewhat helpful.

Old 05-06-09, 10:33 AM
C
Originally Posted by Jollyroger1965 View Post
I usually press the kickstart a couple times slowly till I can feel good pressure built up, I think you will have a hard time starting while kickin it on the down stroke. You can find The choke cable on ebay I am sure. The Idle screw has a flat head on the bottom of the thumbscrew. If it comes out you will not be able to use the thumbscrew to put it back in, because the metal screw will slide out of the plastic thumbscrew a little, so you need to push it up somehow while screwing it in, or get a flathead in there. I just learned this about the idle screw because I rebuilt carb and had it off the 4 wheeler.....good luck and hope I was somewhat helpful.
Thanks. You have been a help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question