Golf Cart

Old 05-05-09, 04:24 PM
Golf Cart

I have a 1983 2 cycle E-Z Go golf cart. The neddle valve in the carbureator has a tendency to get stuck in the closed position, stopping the gas flow, causing the golf cart not to move. It is a rebuilt carbureator. Maybe it would solve the problem if I get a new carbureator. Do they make an upgraded carbureator for this golf cart?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-09, 06:19 AM
Group Moderator
I assume you are talking about the needle attached to the float? If the fuel is old it may form sludge or varnish that can make the needle stick in which case fresh gas (with oil of course) and cleaning the carb should help. Otherwise the needle or it's seat may be worn allowing it to bind or wedge in place when fully seated.

I think new carbs are about $100. Other carbs can be used but you run into more work adapting them to fit the engine and hook-ups. But if you want to soup-up the engine a bigger carb is probably on the list.

Old 05-16-09, 08:41 PM
Also check the performance of the fuel pump.. On these older Carts, the fuel pump may become weak & not pump fuel & you may think the needle is sticking.. Check the fuel pump as that is the most common thing I run into, & repair kits are available.. Good Luck,, Roger

Old 07-06-09, 12:52 PM
I have a Club Car 2003--battery charger quit charging--any suggestions?

Old 07-07-09, 08:49 AM
Group Moderator
Have you determined if the problem is with the charger or the golf cart?

Old 07-31-09, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Golf Cart Guy View Post
I have a 1983 2 cycle E-Z Go golf cart. The neddle valve in the carbureator has a tendency to get stuck in the closed position, stopping the gas flow, causing the golf cart not to move. It is a rebuilt carbureator. Maybe it would solve the problem if I get a new carbureator. Do they make an upgraded carbureator for this golf cart?
I have the same cart and we have had probably every problem there is with it lol,Yea you could try getting a new needle or float, is their gas in the bowl?