2-stroke oil/gas mixture

Old 07-17-09, 07:15 PM
2-stroke oil/gas mixture

I own a 1990 Polaris 2x4 Trailboss and have had issues with the oil pump. I'm thinking of removing the oil injection line and pre mixing my oil & fuel.

Does anyone have any suggestions on mixing ratios? Will I have to change my inline fuel filter type?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-09, 10:25 AM
Group Moderator
I don't know for sure but a search of the net has turned up numbers from 20:1 up to 50:1. Many recommended 50:1 and using the full synthetic oil while many also say to run 40:1 to be safe.

Old 07-20-09, 08:04 PM
Pilot Dane has the answer... There is no posted mix ratio for a bike that has the oil injection,,,If you remove the injection systen without fixing it... Pick a raito that gives you minimal smoke,,, but max power... Good luck on the experiment.... Roger

Old 07-24-09, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the help I'll try a rich mix and lean it up if the smoke is bad.

Old 08-14-09, 05:30 PM
go 50 to 1 that is the best any more oil you will foul the plugs on it and any less you will burn up the piston and crankshaft bearins.

Old 08-14-09, 10:13 PM
Just a personal experience thing......

Dont pull the line off of the injection pump.....The pump itself is lubricated by the oil it pumps, and if if lacks lube it will sieze, and take other components on vacation with it....

Either remove the pump completely, and get a "Block-Off Plate"..or run the oil line back to your oil tank...The "LOOP" will keep the pump happily lubed and you can premix your actual fuel to lube the internals

Old 08-24-09, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by tsherrill10 View Post
go 50 to 1 that is the best any more oil you will foul the plugs on it and any less you will burn up the piston and crankshaft bearins.
I agree - 50-1 is pretty standard. So it's a safe bet.
Use Syn Oil as well that's TCW-3 rated.