Club Car Battery Charger help

Old 07-24-09, 03:42 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Club Car Battery Charger help

I have a club Car battery charger that I hear kick on but the amp needle does not show it is charging and it does not charge the batteries in the cart. I have borrowed a friends and their charges the cart and the needle move to the chart side.

I am assuming it is the cahrger at this point. Is it possble to fix the charger or is it necessary to buy a whole knew one?

The make is Power drive Model 22110 . DC output 48V-13a.

If it can not be repared is there a place to buy a used one that anyone knows of?

Old 07-24-09, 06:28 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 973 Votes on 894 Posts
Generally anything can be fixed if you are willing to throw enough time and money at it.

Have you opened up the case of your charger? Could it be something simple like a fuse, fuseable link, or simple broken wire?

Replacement and aftermarket chargers are available if you do not wish to repair yours.

Old 07-25-09, 07:48 AM
Do you have an electronic place around that fixes starters & stuff.... If the cart charges with another charger & you have checked the internal fuses as Pilot Dane suggests they can be fixed.. There is also a fuse in the cart & check & clean all the battery connections.. a very common cause of not charging,, but you said it charges with a friends charger,, Right?? Roger

Old 07-25-09, 02:07 PM
M
you were right. a wire popped off. Once I reattached it the cahrger works. Thank you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question