electric golf cart problem clubcar clicks but wont move. Why?

Old 09-12-09, 08:00 PM
electric golf cart problem clubcar clicks but wont move. Why?

I have a 2000 electric Clubcar golf cart. I was getting on the course when it just stopped. When I push down the pedal it clicks like it wants to go but wont. Why?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-09, 05:57 AM
How is the battery charge?? How old are the batteries?? Most of the trouble I find in these older cares are old batteries & corroded connections... Have the batteries checked for water & tested... The only other thing that comes to mind is the computer/ charge controller.. Is it a 48 volt cart with regen braking??? (foreward / reverse is a rocker switch, not a lever)) Will it run O.K. in reverse??? Check batteries, tell us how old they are, clean the connections, & add water to start with & we'll go from there,,,, Roger

Old 09-13-09, 02:42 PM
I had a ClubCar come in doing the same thing, Click but no movement. I found the arm inside the V-guide assembly had broken.

This is what it looks like, The cover just pops off for inspection and the arm can be purchased separately if all the contact brushes are still in good shape.

Assembly;

V-Glide Assembly-1989 & up Club Car 36V Electric | BuggiesUnlimited.com

Arm;

V-Glide Wiper Arm for 1988 & up Electric Club Car | BuggiesUnlimited.com

Good Luck

Old 09-13-09, 06:43 PM
I checked the batteries and they were all low. Can't beleive they were that bad. I just checked them at the beginning of the season. I put it back on the charger and will check it Monday. Thought maybe I jarded something loose. Thanks alot.

Old 09-13-09, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the info. I checked the batteries and they were low.If that doesn't work I'll take a look at the linkage.Great help thanks.

Old 09-14-09, 06:16 AM
Do you mean low in water or low in charge??? How old are the batteries??? Remove & clean all connections 'cus one bad connection will result in no batteries getting charged as they are wired in a series circuit... does the charger humm & show a charge on the ammeter when you plug it in??? Roger