snowblower auger belt problem.

Old 02-08-10, 06:55 AM
Cool snowblower auger belt problem.

I have a sears 9 HP snow thrower when the auger drive belt broke I replaced it with a belt from the auto parts store, since I have had two additional belts burn up, is there a difference between a belt for a snowthrower and a automotive belt or should I look for something wrong in the snowthrower everything appears to be ok, the belts seem to work for a little while until under heavy loads.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-10, 10:14 AM
If everything else is OK (idlers, alignment, etc,) you should get the correct belt from sears.. Auto belts aren't designed for the clutching & loads of a snowblower... Roger

Old 02-08-10, 03:20 PM
Talking

Thanks Roger, I went to sears today and ordered the belt, $18.00 for that belt, they said 10 days till it comes in we have another 12" of snow on the way where Im at, hopefully the belt thats on there makes it one more time.

Old 02-08-10, 06:20 PM
Try dropping a gear or two until you get the right belt and you should have a spare on order too. Don't start thinking you'll only break one belt in the life of the blower.
Mike

Old 02-18-10, 09:14 AM
Thought Id let you know the auger belt came yesterday, and I installed it, I snow blowed the remaining of my driveway, the 80 percent I didnt shovel and I dont think Ive seen that blower throw snow that far in awhile,Thanks for your help it was right on the money.Beer 4U2

Old 02-18-10, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the reply,, Glad to have helped.. Roger