Artic Cat Bogs down under load

Old 03-08-12, 12:52 PM
P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Artic Cat Bogs down under load

It is an Artic Cat 300 manual the carb is a Keihin CRV #74NA bpk2
The enguine would not start I took the Carb. apart the main jet was compleatly blocked I soaked the parts in carb cleaner blew them all out
The enguine starts and idles fine but when it gets under load it bogs down if I give it some choke at a certin point it will run if I choke above that point the engine stops
Has any one else had a simlar problum

thanks for any help
Petrie

Old 03-08-12, 01:32 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,521 Posts
I'd go back and clean the carb some more. It sounds like there is still a jet or passage clogged.

Why did the jet get clogged in the first place? If sat for a long time or got contaminated fuel you may have to drain out all the fuel, clean the inside of the fuel tank and flush out the fuel lines. As a worst case I've had gas varnish up in a snow blower. I'd clean the carb and it would very quickly start acting up again. I finally had to replace the fuel lines since varnish built up on the inside of the line and the vibration kept breaking bits free and re-clogged the carb.

Old 03-08-12, 02:30 PM
P
I took the carb apart again since I postaded and it looks as if there is more hard green coulour on the main jet so I will soke it over night in carb cleaner i will also change the lines from the tank

Old 03-18-12, 07:30 PM
S
The main jet does not control idle so that is why it runs fine there. Buy an new main jet or keep cleaning

Search this Thread

Ask a Question