Need help making a remote cutoff for buggys

Old 03-30-12, 09:12 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help making a remote cutoff for buggys

Hello I have recently started a buggy track and we have came into an issue, people want to keep going even after there time is up

So we have came to the conclusion we need remote cutouts for them problem is we need them cheap as we are new there is not a lot of money and our problem is making it worse

So please help us

Specs of buggys

250cc engine and 12v batterys

Old 03-30-12, 09:40 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 966 Votes on 887 Posts
I just did a search for "engine remote cut off" and found several options.

Old 03-30-12, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
I can't imagine anyone allowing you to modify their buggy (not that I'm sure what a buggy is).

I think you need to look at some sort of administrative method. A higher deposit or initial fee with a refund at the end or black flagging the whole track when someone violates the rules might be more effective. Peer pressure is very effective.

It would also help to know exactly where you are located. What is available in the US may not be an option in West Freakistan.

Old 03-30-12, 10:15 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 966 Votes on 887 Posts
Most attraction type go cart and buggy tracks that I have seen have some sort of radio cut off on the vehicles if no other reason than liability. Get someone drunk, stupid or just driving in a dangerous manner and they kill the cart. Honestly I would not consider offering go cart racing without radio kill ability.

If you are in the amusement business I would consider joining the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions, better known as IAAPA. Through them you can make contact with vendors/suppliers and receive free or inexpensive training on all the various aspects of running an amusement business.

Here are some amusement manufacturers remote control pages.

Gokart Track Controls by Amusement Products - Select One
Electra Motorsports: Radio Control Systems
FKP US - serving kart centers for over 15 years
J&J Amusements :: Kartrol

Search this Thread

Ask a Question