Any experience with Moto Guzzi bikes?

Old 07-13-12, 07:25 AM
Any experience with Moto Guzzi bikes?

It's been a few years since I sold my 2000 Honda Shadow VLX and for the most part, I've been able to control my need to ride. I still go out with my parents on one of their spare bikes on occation.

Last night at the beaches, there was a Moto Guzzi V7 Racer parked beside my car. It was a 2010 and after looking over the bike for a few minutes, the biking bug got me.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand of bike (Moto Guzzi)?

I am a sucker for the older 1970's style bikes, and like the idea that it brings modern technology to a style I really like (fuel injection is a big seller).

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-12, 07:35 AM
Group Moderator
All I can tell you is when I lived in Europe in the '70s, there were a lot of Moto Guzzi bikes on the road.

Old 07-13-12, 08:04 AM
The first bike I ever rod on as a passenger was my dad's blue and silver 1970's Yamaha R3.
Nothing my dad, mom or I have owned since that bike has done it for me as that one has.

That Moto Guzzi V7 Racer I saw last night looks to be the bike to take the place of that old R3, but being a modern V-twin, could probably survive my daily commute to work and home.

That being said, if I ever spotted a 1970's R3 for sale, I'd sell something to get it, specially the same colors as my dad's old bike.
About the Yamaha R3