Manco spirit engine rebuild or replacement motor

Old 10-06-12, 04:37 AM
Angry Manco spirit engine rebuild or replacement motor

I have a 2007 manco spirit modEl 1050 that the bottom end is blown looking for anywhere to get partS and how to take gear box off and repair it or just a replacement motor but i dont know what to look for. 49cc 4 stroke by tecuchema? I need help got the thing for free and my son is dieing to drive it but im lost. HELP!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-12, 05:32 AM
Group Moderator
If you're not experienced at engine repair and have the tools I'd just put a new engine on the cart. You said the bottom end is blown. I assume you've got a hole in the case and probably a broken connecting rod. The case can be welded back and a rod is not expensive but you're getting a bit advanced and would need some specialized tools.

I would search the web to find an engine. There are many discount suppliers that sell complete engines at pretty good prices. There are also a lot of Chinese clone engines that are really inexpensive. Sometimes you get a good one but sometimes they are junk right out of the box so it's a bit of crap shoot.

Is that really a 49cc engine? That's pretty small.

Old 10-06-12, 10:16 AM
Yep 49cc 4 stroke what it says on it its a smaller go kart. Got any suggestions for websites with engine. I also cant get the gear box to come off the old engine.

Old 10-06-12, 10:18 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Does it have a gear box?? My grandson has a small Manco go kart and basically it's just a side shaft engine with clutch and gears that connect to the axle.

Old 10-07-12, 01:55 PM
I just need to get it off. It's a clutch shaft I just don't know how to get it off and find a new engine for it. Pretty sure I need a clutch puller. Because it won't come off the engine... Someone point me in the right direction.

Old 10-07-12, 01:58 PM