low speed on murry explorer go cart

Old 11-17-12, 09:02 AM
low speed on murry explorer go cart

New member, need some help pls.
I was given a murry exlorer go cart with a 6.5 tech. engine. runs great. The previous owner used this gocart for his handicaped son. He had someone do something to the carb to slow the top speed. It only does about 15 mph. I know this cart is supposed to do about 40mph. Can someone tell me what adjustment was made to make this thing slower and how I can undo what was done. I know it has something to do with the carb adjustment. any help would be great! thank you in advance

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-12, 09:36 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums!

Follow your throttle cable to the carb and look for an adjustment that is limiting how far the cable can move.

Old 11-17-12, 09:45 AM
thanks mod. there is a connector under the seat that the throttle cable runs through but it has no adjustmjent and i undid the cable from the connecter and had no futher movement of the cable anyway. There is another adjustment when the cable actually enters the carbg. Checking it now to see if it can be adjustted to allow more throttle movement,. Thanks for your quick reply!

Old 11-17-12, 10:21 AM
That's it!

Holy crap! That's how this thing is supposed to run! Now I know why it has a seat belt! Doing dounts in this thing is easy! It spits gravel from the rear tires and will do donuts in the yard too! I KNEW this thing could go faster! Warning! It will throw you out of it if your not prepared. That's experience talking! Thanks Mod, your the greatest! Best thing I ever did was find this forum. The problem was that someone had rigged the throttle cable at the carb so that it wouuld only open half way. I removed all the rigging and re-connected the throttle cable. Now, it runs like a bat out of %$$^!!!!!!
Thank you, I've been trying to get this fixed for months. I've been all over the web and tried all kinds of "home remedys" but I found this forum and my problem is solved!!!!!!!! This is the best forum ever! I'll be here for any future problems and maybe I might be able to help someone else the way I have been helped. Gotta go, got a full tank of gas and it needs to be used!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-12, 01:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Glad you got her fixed.. just be careful, there was a reason the previous owner put a stop on the throttle