EZ-GO Sudden Power Loss

Old 05-10-14, 11:20 AM
EZ-GO Sudden Power Loss

I am trying to troubleshoot an intermittent loss of power on a golf cart I recently acquired. Based on what I've been told and the information I’ve seen on other sites, I believe the cart is a 1993 EZ GO Medalist. I say "believe" because the Serial #/Manuf. Code tag doesn’t look the same as the examples I’ve seen for the Medalist. I've attached pictures, in case anyone can confirm the year/model?

My primary issue is related to troubleshooting. I have a consistently intermittent power issue that is driving me crazy. I recognize that consistent and intermittent are usually mutually exclusive, and that's what is driving me nuts. The problem is intermittent in that the cart runs sometimes, but it is consistent in that it has gotten to the point of happening almost every time the cart is used. The cart appears to charge normally, and when it runs, runs like a scalded dog. Then, without warning, the power simply shuts down. I cannot find anything specific that appears to trigger the loss in power, it just stops…sometimes while driving…sometimes just as the pedal is depressed (a slight lurch forward and then nothing)…and sometimes after driving awhile and stopping normally, it will refuse to move again. Equally frustrating is that I can also not determine anything that causes the problem to end and the cart start working again. The power loss is sudden, the level doesn’t decline and gradually die. I have taken the cart off the charger, driven it 150 yards, stop, and have it not move another inch until it feels like it. This erratic behavior makes me believe there may be a loose connection somewhere or an issue with the solenoid. Does that make sense, or is there something else I should be looking for?

Are there any troubleshooting documents that contain a wiring diagram with major/typical test points and the voltages to look for at those points? Or, can anyone provide any guidance on where to look and what to look for? I am experienced troubleshooting electronics, I just have no experience with golf carts. Is there any insight you could provide based on your experience in this area? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ardy

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-14, 04:20 AM
Old 09-22-14, 05:42 PM
Did you get any help to correct this situation. I having nearly the same situation

Old 09-22-14, 07:01 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Welcome to the forums. The OP has not been active for several months. I suggest that you start a new thread with your problem and as much data as you can provide about your cart.