Motorcycle Tamper Alarm

Old 06-30-14, 06:44 PM
Motorcycle Tamper Alarm

Anyone know

Can someone recommend an inexpensive (<$50) motorcycle alarm? I'm just looking for something that will sense movement/vibration and set the alarm off if someone tamper with my dirt bike (located on my porch). Basically a battery powered shock sensor with siren.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-14, 07:13 PM
I ended up getting a Gorilla 9000 alarm. Its compact, waterproof, has a shock sensor and a tilt sensor, and a 2 year warranty. Should have it all connected up by this weekend.

Old 06-30-14, 09:29 PM
Group Moderator
Let us know how the installation went and how the unit operates.

Old 07-03-14, 06:55 PM
Just installed the alarm this evening. Not much to say--it does what it's advertised to do. Has a shock sensor with seven sensitivity levels, a tilt switch, and a 125 dB siren (extremely loud). The siren is so loud that you don't want to be near it when it goes off, which is good because whoever is attempting to walk off with your bike isn't going to want to stick around because his eardrums will be bleeding! It draws only 7 to 8 mA when armed/disarmed, so you don't have to worry about it draining your battery. My battery is 4 Ah, so that gives me several days between starts (20.8 days until the battery would be drained), which is good because I only ride on the weekends. Install was a breeze. Everything is contained in a 2" diameter 1" thick enclosure, so all you need to do is find a good location to mount it, hook it up to the battery, then program it via the remote. Oh yeah, it has a panic feature too. Pretty good little alarm for $90.

Old 07-03-14, 09:56 PM
Group Moderator
Very cool..... thanks for letting us know how it worked out for you. I'm sure others will be interested.

Old 07-06-14, 11:57 AM
Spoke too soon. As of today the alarm is going off randomly. Not sure why. Could be the current sensor or tilt sensor. Who knows. I'll be getting a refund and will probably just use a cable lock.

Old 07-06-14, 12:16 PM
Group Moderator
Maybe the shock sensor is set too sensitive.

Old 07-07-14, 05:54 PM
I have the shock sensor disabled. Its probably the current sensor. Perhaps my bike fluctuates a bit. I'll give gorilla a call to see if we can resolve the issue.

Old 07-16-14, 11:28 AM
I spoke with Gorilla tech support and they believe the false alarms are occurring because the orientation of the bike when the alarm was installed and that is the position to which the alarm calibrated itself. I installed the alarm on my bike stand so that the rear wheel was elevated, and when I had the false alarms, the bike was in the back of my truck at a different angle. Turns out there is a way to disable the tilt switch--it just isn't covered in the manual for whatever reason. I'll be disabling it and re-enabling the shock sensor. SO...not a bad alarm after all--I would recommend it.

Old 07-18-14, 07:43 AM
...armed the alarm on the stand and it was fine overnight. 7am, it went off for no apparent reason. I'll be disabling the tilt sensor and enabled the shock sensor to see how things go.

Old 07-18-14, 08:22 AM
Group Moderator
Sounds like your getting the bugs worked out...... finally.

Old 08-15-14, 08:13 PM
I am having the same problem. Can you tell me how you turned off the tilt? I want to still alarm it because there have been a number of thefts going on here (including my battery on Tuesday). I can't afford having it go off in the middle of the night with neighbors who already want to rip my head off for the noise I caused today.

Thanks!