Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

ezgo no go

HI

10-04-14, 03:23 PM   #1  
ezgo no go

I have a ezgo 2004 txt electric cart that hums, but won't go. The batteries and cables are good and there is a new solenoid. When you push accelerator you can hear the solenoid click and the engine hums like it does when the cart is out of juice. The cart will even move an inch or two. Any suggestions?
acpeter

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NC

10-05-14, 05:26 AM   #2  
How did you confirm that the batteries and cables are good? They are the most likely problem. Every cable connection should be thoroughly (shiny metal to shiny metal) clean and tight. Then there are the batteries. How old are they? Have you checked the water level in EVERY cell? Even one bad cell can cause it to not work.

HI

10-05-14, 11:09 AM   #3  
Thanks for the reply........The cables are new and the water levels are good. I will go check the connections and the battery charge again and get back to you

Group Moderator

NC

10-05-14, 12:48 PM   #4  
How old are the batteries? Unless they are new you need to check them while under a load. Even a bad battery can show a good voltage while at rest. An easy way is to hook up a volt meter and watch it when you try to drive the cart. If the voltage looks good at rest but tanks when you step on the accelerator then I'd look at the batteries.

A car battery only has to work hard for 2 seconds to start the engine. In a golf cart the batteries are the true power source. They have to deliver massive amperage for long periods. Bouncing around, high current drains, many charge/discharge cycles... it's a hard life for a battery.

Search this Thread