My Kandi go kart fuel pump

Old 03-30-15, 10:35 PM
My Kandi go kart fuel pump

Hi guys, I got a Kandi go kart not that long ago and I would like to install a fuel pump in addition to the gravity fed. I did some research about where to connect the pulse line and found that where I should connect it is already connected to the pcv. My question is, do I need a pcv or can I tap into the pulse line of the pcv to run a fuel pump? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-15, 05:13 AM
Group Moderator
The real question is why do you think you need a fuel pump?

Old 03-31-15, 06:16 AM
Would pressurizing the fuel line of a tiny carb lift the valve off the seat and flood the carb? Small engines in go-karts sip fuel and don't need to be force-fed.

Old 03-31-15, 08:44 AM
The the engine wAs not running well. I had to crank the fuel needle much tighter and it still won't start without starting spray. Any suggestions?

Old 03-31-15, 09:20 AM
150cc? Does it run OK once started & warmed up--now that you richened the fuel mix? If yours runs good except for starting & idle your pilot jet may be plugged.
The fuel passages in the carb are extremely small and prone to plugging up with debris or varnish from the fuel going stale. I answered a similar question a few days ago here.

Old 03-31-15, 12:02 PM
Group Moderator
What fuel needle did you crank much tighter?

Can you post a picture of what your carburetor?

If an engine ran fine previously and now has trouble and you didn't change anything I usually first start looking at the carburetor. Adding a fuel pump will not help a junked carburetor and will likely make things worse. The good news is that simply giving it (the carburetor) a thorough cleaning usually gets them running again.

Old 03-31-15, 09:51 PM
Thanks I am going away but I will try to clean the carburetor when I get back. 150cc kandi. I'm fussing that's the problem as those are my exact symptoms.

Old 04-07-15, 04:59 PM
Would carburetor cleaning fluid mixed with the gas help. Or should I take it apart and clean it?

Old 04-08-15, 06:00 AM
Adding cleaner to the tank likely won't touch a blockage but adding Sta-bil or Sea Foam can prevent the formation of varnish. Use it all the time.
Hopefully you have a filter in the fuel line?

I've had 150cc buggies for over 10 years and have gotten much experience opening & cleaning the tiny carb. Buggynews.com is a great resource for maintaining import buggies.

Old 04-08-15, 06:45 AM
Thank you and yes I do have a filter, in the tank and fuel line.