Yamaha g22 gas golf buggy help

Old 04-27-15, 01:37 PM
Yamaha g22 gas golf buggy help

Can anybody help please my g22 has performed well however after a round I loaded it on my trailer & took it home.When I came to unload it, it was dead on the gas pedal,the reverse buzzer works but I cant hear the solenoid, I charged the battery overnight but still nothing any advice please?

Last edited by bigbird55; 04-27-15 at 03:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-15, 04:26 PM
Group Moderator
What does "dead on the gas pedal" mean? I'm assuming the cart is completely dead except for the reverse beeper.

The reverse buzzer is almost totally independent and will usually continue to work as long as there is a battery in the cart so it working isn't much help. I'd start with the key switch as it's key (no pun intended) to everything else. Try wiggling it, removing and inserting the key, and looking for loose or broken wires.

Do you have a electrical tester or a way to check for 12v? Much beyond looking for a broken, burned or disconnected part we'll have to start tracing power through the electrical system to find out where it stops.

Old 04-27-15, 11:33 PM
Thanks Dane you are correct in your assumption. I suspected the starter solenoid but thought it must be electrical by how quick it happend as it was working fine will try what you suggest
Many thanks

Old 04-28-15, 05:09 AM
Group Moderator
Here is a link to the wiring diagram. Since you don't even hear a click it sounds pretty basic. The key switch, accelerator switch, solenoid or possibly a broken or loose wire. One area susceptible to damage is the accelerator switch and the wiring to it which can be accessed through the panel in the floor under the floor mat.

Old 05-06-15, 01:50 PM
Hi pilot Dane I have now cured the buggy at first all pointed to the solenoid which I changed but still the same then I found a single wire from the accelerator to the Earth on the loom had come uncoupled connected it back up and all is well
Once again thanks
Phil