Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

help with 2011 electric Club Car

FL

05-02-15, 10:00 AM   #1  
help with 2011 electric Club Car

First time on this site ..Thanks for any replies! I bought this used cart from a refurbisher with a warrenty. after 6 months it ran well but seem a little jerky at all speeds untill it was wide open. They pulled off a panel in the lower back of the cart and with a meter of some kind made an adjustment that smoothed it out very well.....now 6 months later it`s doing it again ....not BAD , but not a smooth ride at a steady accelator , untill wide open as before ....my question is , what did they adjust and am I able to do that adjustment ...or is there a part I can replace to solve the problem ? any ideas thanks again

Sponsored Links

VA

05-02-15, 02:17 PM   #2  
Guess where going to have to guess the model and is it's gas or electric.
Why are you not asking them?
There the ones that did the adjustment.

Forum Topic Moderator

OH

05-02-15, 06:01 PM   #3  
Welcome to the forums. I note that your cart is electric. There is a programmable speed control, and that is probably what the seller "adjusted". It appears that they sometimes loose some of the program.
As joecaption suggested, I would see if the seller could guide you in the right direction.

One of our other moderators, Pilot Dane, is better versed on carts than I am. Check back occasionally for his advice.

Woody

You can trust your car - and a whole lot more - to the man who wears a star.

FL

05-02-15, 06:19 PM   #4  
Thanks Goldstar and Joecaptain for the replies. It`s an Electric Precedent 2011.48 V - 6-8`s..I bought it online from an outfit near Tampa. The year warranty is up and I could get them to service it for probably $85+?....anyway I`m a fix it type of guy and would like to learn about the problem , but I don`t feel the seller would want to give that information ...the batteries charge up correclty and everything else looks clean and as it should be with no problems . Hope to hear what Pilot Dane would say about the erratic speed ( minor erraticisism) but still a noticeable change in smooth steady running. - David s. Fl

Forum Topic Moderator

OH

05-02-15, 06:46 PM   #5  
The ideal item to have would be a shop manual. They can usually be purchased from a dealer or the factory. I doubt that there are any free copies on line.

Woody

You can trust your car - and a whole lot more - to the man who wears a star.

Group Moderator

NC

05-03-15, 05:38 AM   #6  
Here is a link to the service manual I found online. You'll find that the cart is basically computer controlled and there isn't much you can do to the drive system as a backyard fix with a screwdriver. There are some adjustments that can be made to the controller and some can be used as Band-Aid fixes for other issues.

Is your cart stock or has it been modified? What is the top speed of your cart?

But as for uneven speed I would first check the speed sensor (look up "MCOR").

FL

05-03-15, 07:43 AM   #7  
Thanks Dane for jumping in ......It is a stock cart and the speed was set at the top speed...as far as specific speed ? , but it moves along very well....15-18mph? yes, I`ve read other post where some have mentioned the Mcor and to replace it , but whatever the fellow did to adjust the cart from the back down under worked for some time ...a band-aid I guess. I will check out your link for sure . ....This site seems like a good one ......I tried to get help at buggiesunlimited.com and that was a joke ....no moderator I guess. Question ....is the Mcor adjustable ? and do you think that is what was adjusted ? or what ....thanks again for the responses

Group Moderator

NC

05-03-15, 12:31 PM   #8  
I honestly don't know much about your cart as it's not very DIY friendly. Much of how it operates lies within the motor controller so without a way to access it your largely out of luck on a DIY level. About all you can do is try to verify that the sensors feeding it (the motor controller) are working correctly.

FL

05-03-15, 06:02 PM   #9  
Dane and others .....the link to the service manual is greatly appreciated and I`m sure it will come in handy in the future. As for now , the cart is going to sit for 6 months while we go north for the summer . The batteries will be kept up for sure . Thanks again for the help!

Search this Thread