Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

My Kandi go kart

CAL

07-17-15, 10:35 PM   #1  
My Kandi go kart

Hi all, I have a 250cc kandi go kart that, when new (a few years ago) ran great. It sat for about 6 months at one point and after that has had troubles. It is impossible to start it without spraying starting fluid into the air fillter and once it turns over it doesn't idle at all, even when I adjusted the idle speed needle. Can any one please tell me what is wrong and what I could do?

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

07-18-15, 04:13 AM   #2  
Did you run Stabil or another gas preservative prior to shutting it down for the season? Most likely the carburetor will need cleaning or rebuilding. Have you checked the gas lines to make sure they are in good shape. Did you use non-ethanol gas? Ethanol gas is a killer for engines that will not be run for a while.

Group Moderator

NC

07-18-15, 04:48 AM   #3  
Yep, I'd guess a clogged jet, orifice or passage inside the carburetor. Just spraying carb cleaner on it or down the throat generally does not work. You need to remove, disassemble and clean it.

Search this Thread