Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1988 EZGO electric golf cart is dead

TN

09-20-15, 01:18 PM   #1  
1988 EZGO electric golf cart is dead

I have an EZGO electric golf cart that suddenly stopped running? 1988 serial No 501681.. BATTERIES ARE new and have 38V. I do not hear the selinoid click in when I press down on excellator.

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NJ

09-20-15, 02:24 PM   #2  
Welcome to the forums.

I moved you to your own thread. Your cart is a different make and model than in the thread you posted.

If you have six batteries..... 6 x 8v = 48v is your operating voltage. If you are measuring 38v you have a loss somewhere. Start by checking the voltage at each battery first and then the whole group before the solenoid.

~ Pete ~

Group Moderator

NC

09-21-15, 05:29 AM   #3  
If the cart was working then suddenly stopped it could be any number of problems; bad key switch, bad accelerator pedal sensor/switch, bad solenoid, bad controller, broken wire or a loose connection. Most often it's something pretty simple and relatively inexpensive to fix. I usually start at the batteries with a volt meter and follow the current through the system until you find where it stops.

Search this Thread