Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Motorcycle Floor Mat

VA

01-06-16, 10:44 AM   #1  
Motorcycle Floor Mat

I'll be wheeling my dirt bike into my dining room (wood floors) this weekend for some routine maintenance and I'm looking for a heavy duty rubber motorcycle mat to lay underneath. I do not want it to be absorbent and it does not need to have a raised border. I simply need something to catch any minor drips and to prevent my stand from scratching the wood floors. I suppose I could use a rubber welcome mat, but I'm looking for something a little more motorcycle specific. Something around 3' x 4' and under $100 preferably. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

OH

01-06-16, 12:10 PM   #2  
I would use a small, plastic tarp or a plastic painters drop cloth. Both available for a few bucks and you can dispose of them afterwards, if need be.

Woody

You can trust your car - and a whole lot more - to the man who wears a star.

VA

01-06-16, 12:31 PM   #3  
That's what I've been doing, but I want something with some traction so it doesn't slip around on the floor, and enough cushion to prevent scratching from my side stand and lift stand. I also want something I can roll onto my driveway when doing oil changes, etc. I definitely want a rubber mat. I just need to find one I like.

VA

01-06-16, 12:37 PM   #4  
I just remembered that I have a 2' x 3' welcome mat with rubber bottom that I bought and realized it was too large. I guess I'll just flip it over and use that.

Super Moderator

NJ

01-06-16, 12:42 PM   #5  
What type of bike?

Just search motorcycle parking mat.. Many will come up.. ( I have several of the Harley mats)

Mike NJ

"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them".

- Albert Einstein

VA

01-06-16, 12:54 PM   #6  
It's a 250cc dirt bike.

I searched briefly and most of them were too large and/or over $100.

I'm thinking something along these lines, which of course has been discontinued: http://www.elite-xpressions.com/parkit.htm

I found a few more. Was mainly polling the audience to see if anyone had one they could recommend.

VA

01-06-16, 01:29 PM   #7  
Ended up buying this one: https://www.denniskirk.com/283415.sk...ad=45712965997

Super Moderator

NJ

01-06-16, 01:48 PM   #8  
They are a bit pricey for what they are.. Too narrow for me, but I assume the 250 you have a center stand..

I also use waterhog mats, but I guess its too late to suggest anything since you already purchased...

Mike NJ

"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them".

- Albert Einstein

VA

01-06-16, 05:39 PM   #9  
Yes, it will be on a center stand and being a dirt bike, I don't need very much width. I liked the looks of the Waterhog mats, but they are absorbent, which I didn't want.

Search this Thread