Motorcycle Floor Mat

Old 01-06-16, 10:44 AM
Motorcycle Floor Mat

I'll be wheeling my dirt bike into my dining room (wood floors) this weekend for some routine maintenance and I'm looking for a heavy duty rubber motorcycle mat to lay underneath. I do not want it to be absorbent and it does not need to have a raised border. I simply need something to catch any minor drips and to prevent my stand from scratching the wood floors. I suppose I could use a rubber welcome mat, but I'm looking for something a little more motorcycle specific. Something around 3' x 4' and under $100 preferably. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-16, 12:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I would use a small, plastic tarp or a plastic painters drop cloth. Both available for a few bucks and you can dispose of them afterwards, if need be.

Old 01-06-16, 12:31 PM
That's what I've been doing, but I want something with some traction so it doesn't slip around on the floor, and enough cushion to prevent scratching from my side stand and lift stand. I also want something I can roll onto my driveway when doing oil changes, etc. I definitely want a rubber mat. I just need to find one I like.

Old 01-06-16, 12:37 PM
I just remembered that I have a 2' x 3' welcome mat with rubber bottom that I bought and realized it was too large. I guess I'll just flip it over and use that.

Old 01-06-16, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator
What type of bike?

Just search motorcycle parking mat.. Many will come up.. ( I have several of the Harley mats)

Old 01-06-16, 12:54 PM
It's a 250cc dirt bike.

I searched briefly and most of them were too large and/or over $100.

I'm thinking something along these lines, which of course has been discontinued: http://www.elite-xpressions.com/parkit.htm

I found a few more. Was mainly polling the audience to see if anyone had one they could recommend.

Old 01-06-16, 01:29 PM
Old 01-06-16, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator
They are a bit pricey for what they are.. Too narrow for me, but I assume the 250 you have a center stand..

I also use waterhog mats, but I guess its too late to suggest anything since you already purchased...

Old 01-06-16, 05:39 PM
Yes, it will be on a center stand and being a dirt bike, I don't need very much width. I liked the looks of the Waterhog mats, but they are absorbent, which I didn't want.