Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Bearing Race / Seal Driver Kit

VA

03-06-16, 09:11 AM   #1  
Bearing Race / Seal Driver Kit

I'm looking for a decent metric bearing race and seal driver kit for small engine work (e.g. motorcycles). I've seen kits by Sunex and OTC and many others. Some are advertised as seal driver kits and others as bearing race and seal driver kits. Is there a difference? In other words, can a seal driver kit also be used to drive bearings or are the attachments slightly different?

Sponsored Links

VA

03-06-16, 02:48 PM   #2  
I've been looking around a little more and have a better idea what the difference is. What I'm still trying to figure out is if there are separate attachments for driving complete bearings (not just outer races), or if I simply use the same attachment used to drive the seals.

VA

03-06-16, 04:20 PM   #3  
A bearing driver could care less if it's installing a outer race or a seal as long as it's slightly smaller the the race or seal so long as it does not get stuck when pressing or driving it in place.
Eastwood 10-Pc Bearing and Seal Driver Set

VA

03-07-16, 09:13 AM   #4  
Thanks. I realize that now. I'm still trying to figure out what tool I need to drive complete bearings into an engine case. I don't need to drive any outer races. Sure, I could use a socket, but I'd rather use a tool made specifically for the purpose of driving bearings. Motion Pro makes a kit that I believe may work for me: https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0551

Search this Thread