01 Yamaha warrior nitrous install

Old 04-23-16, 02:21 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
01 Yamaha warrior nitrous install

I have a 01 Yamaha warrior I am wanting to put a little spray on.. My only issue is I am on a budget.. I have the bottle and I would assume all the necessary materials.. It is the knowledge I am lacking, I have done kits on drag trucks in the past.. Any know how is much appreciated...

Old 04-23-16, 03:48 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

If you have done it on other trucks then you have most of the install knowledge you need.
You know the risks associated with "pushing" an engine.

Do you have a specific concern or question ?

Old 04-23-16, 04:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Not definitive help, but if the Yamaha is two stroke or oil injected, the nitrous may blow the top off the head on the first shot. Too hot, IMO.

Old 04-23-16, 06:48 PM
S
The only issue I am having is hooking up the solenoid and Go-Baby button .. On the trucks we just did a peddle button and that would be kinda difficult on a quad .. I guess what I am asking is should I run it through the computer or on it's own circuit?

Old 04-23-16, 07:03 PM
S
It is 4-stroke , but not sure about the oil injection part .. I already poped the head off once and in turn up graded some stuff .. I ported and polished the head along with machine matched my valves, stage 2 hot cam , new timing chain and larger timing gear , 85mm big bore piston , and cold air intake and a 1 7/8in white brothers exhaust.. Dynoed at 84+/- hp on just motor... That is my biggest concern and fear is blowing it sky high first time out after all the work I have done .. Thank you for the response , I will definitely check into that ..

Old 04-23-16, 07:14 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
what I am asking is should I run it through the computer or on it's own circuit?
It should have no connection to the computer. It should have some type of momentary pushbutton switch. I'm guessing you have a 12v valve.

Old 04-23-16, 07:57 PM
S
That is correct.. I am having a hard time finding somewhere convenient and out of the way for the button.. I was also wanting to put a ready light for perfect execution ...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question