Cushman Golfster

Old 09-07-18, 08:36 PM
Cushman Golfster

I have a completely restored 1963 Cushman Golfster Gas Model 735 that I have all the options for except the canopy. Does anyone know where I can get an original or a reproduction? Maybe even a drawing of one?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-18, 10:20 PM
Group Moderator
I found this on Pinterest. Apparently it belongs to someone on the site called "Buggies Gone Wild".

Name:  buggie.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  62.9 KB

Old 09-08-18, 09:34 AM
Cushman Golfster Canopy

Thanks Pete,

I can make one from that photo, and given the age of it, I will probably have to. lol

Have a great day!

Old 12-27-18, 01:39 PM
Golfster Canopy

Pete, I tried to find fittings that would work to construct a cage out of 1/2" EMT conduit without a lot of creative welding. the closest things I could find were out on the west coast, and the part I need (It had a pn of F-3 at both places) is a 90 degree Flat corner. It requires that I use 3/4" EMT which is Ok I guess. I have tried to contact both companies Creative Shelters (Oregon) and Canopies and Tarps (California) to make sure that the part i see on their web site will work for me, and to make sure the companies actually exist. i got no answer from several phone calls, but did get a computer response from Creative Shelters. You can see what the Flat corner top cover fitting looks like on either site, but I thought maybe you might know a company closer to Ohio that might have them too, that I could at least talk to. I don't like doing business with just a machine.

Old 12-27-18, 02:09 PM
Group Moderator
Nothing on 1/2" but this one is 3/4" and up.
Had this one in my favorites..... Canopy-Fittings-3-4-Inch-s/6.htm

More 3/4" fittings on amazon

Old 12-27-18, 02:33 PM
Damn Pete, I am going to have to hire The Beer haulers from Smokey and the Bandit to cover you for your post back. My fittings are on the way to me from Arizona! Of all the sites I found for this item they were the least expensive, and obviously a respected source!

Happy Holidays to you as well! (This golfser is going to look like a Humvee now with the heavier pipe!

Old 01-01-19, 05:51 PM
Cushman Golfster

HI Pete,

With your Arizona source, I now have a 46" square cage made of 3/4" EMT conduit bolted to my Golfster with a roof made of aluminum siding panels. A local uphostery shop will make a zippered vynyl wrap around enclosure for me, but my neighbor who likes to bug me when I am working on one of my garage projects, said "you do everything else yourself, why don't you make the enclosure?" I started poking around looking for a source for clear vynyl, and tough zippers that I would need if I DID decide to make it myself, but had no luck. If you look at picture of the canopy at the beginning of the post, that is basically where I am am now, (without the white material covering the top of the frame) I just have to cut some clear vynyl into 46" squares, sew them together with long tough zippers at each corner, and then just drop the whole thing over the metal frame in the winter time. I just need to know where to get the stuff to do it! Any ideas?

Old 01-02-19, 05:57 AM
Group Moderator
Search for tent or awning supplies. Many places have the hardware including zippers in varying weights and lengths, screens and cleary vinyl. Also check your local Walmart. Mine carries clear vinyl in three different weights.

Old 01-02-19, 09:17 PM
Group Moderator
You can also check with a place that does boat covers as they use zippered plastic windows..

Old 01-03-19, 07:23 PM
Tent and Awning supplies

Well Gentlemen,

A quick Google search for "boat cover materials" brought up the Seattle Fabrics.com site which appears to have everything I want for a cover except the skill to do it as well as I would like. I'm sure I could destroy a lot of material at $3.95 a linear foot before I came close to what I want the cover to look like when finished. I think I may just let the shop do this one lol Thanks for the suggestion!