Lawnmower has no pulling power

Old 12-12-18, 04:33 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Lawnmower has no pulling power

Can you figure this one out for me as I am missing something somewhere.
I have a 2005 Troy Bilt Super Bronco Model T609 with a 21HP B&S and a hydra stat transmission.
Mower started to loose power when mowing upgrade. Belts were not too old so I replaced the tension spring at the variable speed pulley. Still slipped uphill. I then adjusted the pedal linkage a bit shorter which helped a tad but still did not fix. Figured that the transmission was worn being 14 years old and all. I bought a new transmission and installed it. Same problem. I then went ahead and replaced the drive and deck belts again just in case they had stretched even though they were but a few months old. No Luck. I finally adjusted the pedal linkage all the way making the throttle rod length as short as possible and still I have the same issue where the pedal goes all but to its end to begin pulling and slips going uphill. Note that the tension pulley moves freely and I will also add that I have owned this machine since new and have taken excellent care of it. I blow compressed air through a long wand after each use and the mower and underneath the deck is free from any debris whatsoever. Serviced yearly and lubed twice a year. There is something else that I am missing here and I have no other clue to what else would be inline with the drive system to prevent the lawn mower from having correct drive tension. Ideas?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question