Motorcycle exhaust pipe cleaning.

Old 04-11-19, 10:00 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Motorcycle exhaust pipe cleaning.

Hi all. I've been reading dozens of "how to clean exhaust pipes" articles, you tube explanations on the subject with the intention of doing my pipes. So many discussions with the same few cleaners, Lime-Away, Harpic, etc., mentioned. I can not find any of the mentioned cleaners (northern Thailand hasn't many choices) but did stumble across one that works good so thought I'd add it to the list. It says that it removes Limescale and Rust so gave it a try with great results. Here are some shots.

Attached Images    
Old 04-11-19, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Just be sure to neutralize it and rinse well. And use rubber gloves and goggles. Even weak hydrochloric acid is hazardous, esp if it's being splashed around at all.

Old 04-12-19, 04:33 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,144 Upvotes on 1,920 Posts
At first I thought you were talking about cleaning out the interior of a muffler as you sometimes have to do with a two stroke. It took me a second to notice that you were cleaning the outside of your pipes. Looks good. As Gunguy45 mentioned make sure you rinse off the engine well. You don't want to get the cleaner on any aluminum parts.

Old 04-12-19, 06:11 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
0000 steel wool will clean everything except the blue

Search this Thread

Ask a Question