Recommendations for electric scooter/Vespa

Old 05-01-20, 07:54 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Recommendations for electric scooter/Vespa

Correct forum I hope ? I just moved , and someday will head back to work via Metro North RR . I now live about 1 3/4 miles from the station , and don't really have the funds to buy a second car . Looking in to possibly a scooter (everyone has one here) , would prefer electric over gas , easier no fill up , less maintenance? Only issues is hills , would go by where I used to live and I know that hill is just over 10% grade . electric ones seem to go between 350 for Razor and up .

Old 05-01-20, 08:45 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,144 Upvotes on 1,920 Posts
Your title said Vespa (moped) and you mentioned gas but then your post is asking about stand up scooters. Which are you interested in?

Old 05-01-20, 09:36 AM
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Electric Bike?

I would also consider an electric bike. That way it could fill two functions exercise when desired and power up when your feeling less active. I believe you would be able to pedal and assist the power when tackling a steep hill. Good luck!

Old 05-03-20, 06:56 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Moped , seems they get called scooters , yes when I do a search I get all the stand up scooters . Looking for riding moped .

Old 05-03-20, 08:03 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,144 Upvotes on 1,920 Posts
There are tons of electric mopeds to choose from. Ordinarily I advise against Chinese made products but years ago China banned carbureted scooters and has been heavily promoting electric. Now there are many, good Chinese made scooters to choose from. The problem is there that many are re-branded under a multitude of different names. For now I would avoid a electric moped made in Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand unless you find one with a really good reputation as they are still mainly using gasoline powered ones and don't have the experience with electric like the Chinese.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question