Go Kart 150 GKA-2 series off road issues

Old 10-16-20, 07:30 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Go Kart 150 GKA-2 series off road issues

I have a 150GKA-2 Series off-road go-kart. Engine type is a single cylinder, four strokes wind cooling (9KNX.150GMA). We havenít used this go-kart in 5 years, and we are trying to fix it before we crank it up. The air filter box has an inlet tubing that goes to the back of the engine. This inlet broke and I am trying to replace it. I bought an identical air filter box part from Monster Scooter Parts, but the part they sent me doesnít have that inlet. What is the purpose of that inlet? I am attaching a few pictures. Also, the hydraulic master brake cylinder had a leak. Although the brakes are working, should I replace it?

This is the 150GKA-2 series Go-Kart

What is the purpose of this tubing (which is broken) that goes from the air filter box to the back of the engine?

New air filter box which contains the inlet

New air filter box received which doesn't have the inlet

Hydraulic master cylinder leak

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-20, 08:31 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 620 Votes on 573 Posts
Usually the tube is a crank case breather. It vents crank case pressure, smoke and oil vapor to the intake area so it can be burned in the engine.

As for the master cylinder I would say it depends on how bad it's leaking. If you can go a summer without adding fluid I wouldn't worry about it. But, if you don't like oil drips on your garage floor or driveway I would replace it. I'm a clean floor kind of guy so I don't want anything dripping. That way when see a drop of something on the floor I know to look for trouble.

Old 10-16-20, 11:17 AM
D
Thank you for your response. I am assuming the vendor sent me the wrong part? or do new small engines not have a crank case breather?

Old 10-17-20, 05:42 AM
P
Group Moderator
Any modern engine is required to have the breather to comply with emission standards plus it helps keep the engine and your garage nice and clean. Long, long ago they would just vent the case to the open air but it smokes and drips oil and would make a mess.

I don't know what that little chamber is for unless it's their way of doing a PCV valve. On many engines it is mounted right to the engine so you only have a rubber hose going up to the air filter housing or it's a can thingy inline in the hose.

Old 10-17-20, 05:50 AM
D
I talked to the vendor company, and they stated that the air filter box for 150cc engines don't have an inlet that can receive the tubing from the crank case breather anymore. What is the solution? where should I connect the crank case breather tubing to? Also, fuel is not going to the carburetor even though I replaced the petcock fuel valve and fuel filter. Fuel tank is very clean and free of debris. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-17-20, 09:05 AM
P
Group Moderator
If you want to connect the breather you can drill a hole in the airbox near where the tube goes to the carburetor. Shove the vent hose in and seal it in place with caulking. Or, you can just run a hose down below the body of the cart and let it drip on the ground.

Did you remove the fuel hose from the carburetor to see if you are getting fuel that far? If you didn't remove the hose and only checked the drain on the carb's bowl then the float valve may be stuck in the closed position. If you did remove the hose and aren't getting fuel then obviously there is a blockage somewhere. Either in the tank, shutoff valve or fuel lines.

Sitting five years I'd give the entire fuel system a thorough cleaning. If any fuel was left in it I'd clean the inside of the fuel tank and replace the fuel lines with new.