Cushman Golfster Muffler Replacement

Old 05-21-21, 02:04 PM
W
Received 42 Upvotes on 38 Posts
Cushman Golfster Muffler Replacement

I have a 1963 Cushman Golfster that originally came with exhaust pipes that tied together into a single pipe which went to a metal square box muffler mounted under the back deck. I have discarded the old pipes and muffler and designed a set of dual pipes exiting the manifolds. The only mufflers I could find that would fit under the floorboards easily and safely were not marked for inlet and exhaust when I got them. One enter or exit tube is mounted to the end plate in the center. The other enter or exit tube is mounted off to the side of the other end plate. There is an A and a B with a double pointed arrrow pointing to each letter stamped on the top of the muffler From the look of it, I'm guessing that it doesn't matter how I mount these into their corresponding enter and exit pipes in the car itself. How do I tell which way to install them if it does make a difference?

Old 05-22-21, 04:53 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
Normally A is the input end and B is the outlet or a arrow points in the flow direction. If you have arrows aiming in opposite directions then I think it could be installed in either direction.

Old 05-22-21, 12:30 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
A <---> B means its bidirectional and goes both ways.
If it were directional it would be marked "inlet".

Search this Thread

Ask a Question