Help Getting My Gas Grill Home

Old 06-09-08, 04:00 PM
Help Getting My Gas Grill Home

So I go out and buy a pretty nice gas grill the other day. I bring my SUV with plenty of room to load it up and they tell me that's not going to work. The grill can't be turned on its side. It has to stay vertical.

Is that true? I never heard of that. So I had to tell them "no deal" and got a refund so I could think about my options. Will I need to have it delivered or rent a trailer or will my SUV actually work?

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-08, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator
Never heard of such. Maybe there are loose parts inside, so bring a box to put them in. If there's an attached tank, would prob be good to take it off, but I've transported plenty of those on their side too.

Hmmm not one with a built in fridge is it? That would make a diff .

Old 06-09-08, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the quick response!

The unit comes mostly assembled. It seems like they were saying something about a needle (maybe in the valve?) but I was so bummed out at the time I might have heard wrong. Just weird otherwise that they would blow a $500 deal.

Old 06-09-08, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
Still sounds like BS. Maybe an employee was waiting for a deal as well. Have them show you in the manual or call the manufacturer, then when they can't, ask for another discount for your trouble.