Help With Ground Wire

Old 07-31-13, 09:02 PM
Help With Ground Wire

I am hoping someone on this site may be able to help me. I am not familiar with tools, screws, bolts, nuts, or wrenches. I bought a grill from Sears and they built it for me. I brought it home and, long story short, they put the ground wire under the wrong screw. The correct screw has some sort of nut or bushing or something on the back that is stopping my stronger family members from unscrewing it to put the ground wire where it belongs. Sears reps are demanding more money and even screamed over the phone at me, so I would like to do it myself.

Story version: What is this and how do I remove it?? I have pictures from different angles if necessary.

Back of the correct ground wire screw
Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  24.7 KB

Slightly stripped ground screw that won't budge
Name:  Untitled-2.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  33.7 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-13, 09:08 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

That item that is circled in red is called a nutsert. It's not removable. That would be the back side of the hardware. Go to the front and remove the Philips head screws.

Try different Philips head screwdrivers. One may fit better than another.

Old 07-31-13, 10:07 PM
Thank you so much! I feel embarrassed that I could so misinterpret what the nutsert was, but I never was good with these things. I managed to finally unscrew it after I used a very old screwdriver from a toolset that my uncle had before he died. Everyone is so excited to use the grill tomorrow. My whole family thanks you.

Old 07-31-13, 10:31 PM
Group Moderator
The nutsert is not a commonly seen part. Normally it's inside of an assembly and out of sight.
Screws aren't what they used to be.....that's why I mentioned trying different screwdrivers.

The important thing....Ready to BBQ

Search this Thread