Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

idling

Visiting Guest

07-25-02, 11:27 AM   #1  
Spanky
idling

Hi I have a Sears Craftmans LT/10hp lawn tractor It has a tecunesh engines,I just rebuild the carb now it start right run good but when I try to slow down the idle to turn it off the engine will not slow down so I have to shut it off when it is idling fast I no this is not good for the engines so please hepl someone. I am not sure what model carb I have on this engine si if any body knows what the setting are please tell me or show me with a digham so I can get this tractor working right once and for all. Thanks

Sal

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-25-02, 07:44 PM   #2  
It doesn't hurt the engine to shut it off while it is running fast. The throttle cable may need adjustment, or the idle speed screw may be turned in too far. Watch the cable at the carb when you set it to high, then move it to slow. If it doesn't move, it is broken. Can you slow it down by manually holding the throttle at idle? When you put the carb back on, did you make sure both linkages went back on exactly the same way they came off?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread