Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Diaphragm Carburetter

Visiting Guest

08-02-02, 05:03 PM   #1  
Gordo
Diaphragm Carburetter

For starters I have NO knowedge as to the workings of a diaphragm carburetter.
I have a tecumseh with a diaphragm carburetter( with a primer bulb ). The problem is that when I shut down the engine gas starts to run out of the carburette. Without a float, I'm lost!

Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus

CAL

08-02-02, 07:53 PM   #2  
Hello: Gordo

The diaphragm simply flutters up and down and in doing so lifts and lowers the fuel needle. Fuel passes when the needle is lifted off the needles seat, almost like a float carbs.

The most likely problems are, based soley upon the problem description, is the needle isn't fully closing, the diaphragm and or needles seat is damaged and or the carbs adjustment screws are incorrectly adjusted.

Most likely I have not covered all of the potential possibilities. The other resident small engine service and repair professionals may offer additional suggestions, advice & help.

Check back on your topic several times for additional replies.

Read the other postings and replies offered on this topic of carbs in the RECENT postings, within this forum, for additional help & information on this topic.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button to add any additional information or ask another question on this same topic, etc. Using the above method also moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Regards & Good Luck,
Tom_B
Small Engine Forum Host & Moderator
"Accurate Power Equipment Company"
Small Engine Diagnostics Services and Repair.

Search this Thread