Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Engine Starting Problem

Visiting Guest

08-11-02, 03:19 AM   #1  
wallyk
John Deere 112 won't start

I was cutting my lawn and my John Deere engine died just like it may of ran out of gas, which I found out later after filling it up that it wasn't that. It cranks over but there is no "pop" from the engine. It doesn't want to fire up at all. I was thinking about the coil maybe went bad. Anyone have some suggestions? BTW, I'm running a John Deere 112 with a kohler engine.

Sponsored Links
Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

08-11-02, 07:18 AM   #2  
Ignition Spark Problem

Hello wallyk

If there is fuel getting into and out of the carb, the air vent hole in the gas tanks cap is unrestricted, the spark plug replaced with a new plug, it's always possible there is an igniton failure.

Such failures can be caused by several factors. A loose electrical connection at any wire terminal, open connection or defective safety device and or key switch failure etc.

Providing the cuting blade did not strike any immoveable, soild and stationary object. In this case, the fly wheel may have revolved on the engines shaft and sheared or bent the flywheel key.

Most likely I have not covered all of the potential possibilities. The other resident small engine service and repair professionals may offer additional suggestions, advice & help.

Check back on your topic several times over the next several days for additional replies.

In the mean time:
You may want to read the other postings and the replies offered on this same type of engine starting problem topic in the RECENT & ARCHIVES postings, within this forum, for additional help & information on this subject.

If you need further assistance, use the REPLY button to add any additional information or ask another question on this same topic, etc. Using the above method also moves the topic back up to the top of the list automatically.

Subject line wording was altered to remove the brand name and generalize the topic. Makes for easier referrals back to like or similar types of questions on engines that do not start.

Regards & Good Luck,
Tom_B
Small Engine Forum Host & Moderator
"Accurate Power Equipment Company"
Small Engine Diagnostics Services and Repair.

During installations of some parts which may not fit exactly perfect, it may be necessary to apply "BRUTE" force in order to compel compliance......... {....just humor folks... }

Regards and Good Luck.
Web Site Admin, Moderator Hiring Agent, Host and Forums Manager. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician. Fast, Fair, Friendly and Highly Proficient...

Don't Take Freedom For Granted. Thank A Veteran. Need an Employee? Hire a Veteran

Not only is a mind a terrible thing to waste, it's like a parachute.

It doesn't function until it's OPEN.........

Elvis. "The Sun Never Sets On A Legend."

Gun safety is using BOTH hands!

Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread