Lawn Mower Fuel Leak

Old 09-08-02, 03:37 PM
tracey529
Visiting Guest
Cool Lawn Boy Fuel Leak

I had the gas tank replaced on my 4 yr old Lawn Boy push mower. It was under a recall. Since then the mower leaks gas out of the fuel filter area and idles and runs really high. Any ideas what could cause this? It seems that something isn't closing completely when the mower is off. And that an adjustment for idling isn't correct. Thanks.....

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-02, 05:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello tracey!

It sounds like things weren't put back right when the work was done. The fuel is likely leaking at the point where the line connects to the tank, and trickling its' way down to the filter. Also, there is a governor vane that controls the engine speed that fits into a cut-out at the rear of the tank. If the tank wasn't positioned properly, then the vane could be stuck wide open causing your engine to run fast. I would take it back to the shop that performed the work and demand satisfaction.

Old 07-24-09, 11:09 AM
Lawn mower fuel leak

I have same problem of fuel leake in my lawn mower next to the filter. I found that the fuel fitting is cracked. Just got one from Sears Service and Parts, but don't know how to install it. The fitting is made of plastic, but the end that goes into the carburetor is mettalic, with no screws. I guess it needs to be hammered in??. Help!