Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Engine Running Problem

Visiting Guest

09-09-02, 02:22 PM   #1  
365Patrick
gas mower.high revs or nothing!

My throttle works OK.. Its either full speed ahead or stop!! I believe I am missing a spring that regulates high revs to low revs...
My problem is that I know there is a spring to regulate the graduation from high to low & reverse...BUT I don't know how to connect it up!!

Any help out there? Many thanks for your reply..

Al

Sponsored Links
Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

09-09-02, 07:55 PM   #2  
More Detailed Information Requested

Hello: 365Patrick

If there is no spring on the governor link, that's the reason the engine runs link it does. The questions are how did it get lost, if it's really lost and or why isn't it installed? Was it removed? If so, why?

In the first paragraph you said it was missing. Second paragraph you said you do not know how to install it. I'm confused. You have it? or is it lost? Kindly clarify and explain.

If the carb was removed and the linkage was installed incorrectly, that would cause the engine to run as it does also. You'll need to include far more info to allow us to help you.

What engine brand is it, year, model and when was it worked on? Why was it worked on? Include as much detailed info as possible so we have something to work with.

Regards,
Tom_B
Small Engine Forum Host & Moderator
"Accurate Power Equipment Company"
Small Engine Diagnostics Services and Repair.

Visiting Guest

09-10-02, 08:41 AM   #3  
365Patrick
Hi Tom_B

Sorry for lack of info...mower is up at cabin...I won't be up there till the end of the month at which time I will get the info you require. I believe the spring broke because of metal fatigue, one section of spring was found on base just below carb. nothing was attached to throttle cable or govenor link to give me any clue for attachment location of a replacement spring.

I will fwd mower specs. to you asap .

Many thanks for your attention to my query.

365Patrick

Search this Thread