green machine 2230 carb

Old 09-10-02, 03:20 PM
Question green machine 2230 carb

I've been given a non-operating Green Machine 2230 (31cc) string trimmer. The pull rope I've already fixed but have run into problems with the carb. I've cleaned it out and inspected the gaskets, which appeared ok but must not be because I still have a reasonably steady drip of gas leaking out. The other problem is that when it finally fires it will run at most 10 or 15 seconds and then starve for fuel - or so it appears.

Should the needle values have any kind of O ring or some such around them. It looked like there were air bubbles sputtering around them so I wrapped the needle valve thread with teflon tape. Was this the wrong thing to do?

Does anyone know what kind of carb this uses and where I can get a kit for it?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-02, 06:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello stratocaster7!

I'm not familiar with the "green machine" brand name. You can remove the carburetor and find the name and model. It is probably a walbro or zama. They can be tricky to get just right sometimes. Teflon, as I recall, doesn't deteriorate with gas, so it may be OK....just as long as it doesn't make its' way down into the area around the tip of the screw. It sounds like your needle valve is leaking, which could be caused by a dried up and stiff diaphragm in the carb, or a bad needle.