Leaf blowers

Old 10-09-02, 02:46 PM
Gordy Gonyo
Visiting Guest
Leaf blowers

I am looking for advice on the hand held leaf blowers. I don't really need one with the vacum feature. What types are the best to look into? Thank you for any info on this. - Gordy Gonyo.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-02, 11:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Gordy!

Are you looking into electric or gas-power? If you have a small area to do, then I suggest an electric model. They're cheaper and much less hassle. If you see the need for gas-power, then I suggest driving right past the discount stores and go to a place that sells quality equipment. Leaf blowers are usually used for a few months out of the year. The cheap ones give more grief when they have set up all spring and summer without use and you try to start them in the fall. Here's my opinion: Look for a Stihl or Echo, or comparable. If these are out of your ideal price range...the red homelite blower seems to be a little better than most of the cheap stuff. The Poulan/weedeater/craftsman bunch don't have much to offer in any kind of reliability in the blower department right now.

The way you treat them in the off-season is the key. Either drain the fuel, crank it up and burn what fuel is in the carb, store it in a dry place off of the ground out of the sunlight, or... Crank it up and let it run a few minutes at varied speeds at least once a month.

Hope this helps! Let us know what you decide!

Old 10-10-02, 06:10 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
I agree on all cheese said above. The Stihl is hard to beat and seems to start after long periods very easily. We have no Echo dealers here but all I have worked on seem like fine equipment. In the lower line I have used a McCulloch blower ($70.00) for several years and have good service out of it....Mike

Old 10-10-02, 01:37 PM
Gordy Gonyo
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the great advice, I will try Stihl since I have many of their chainsaws. Regards - Gordo.

Old 10-10-02, 09:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Glad we could help!

Search this Thread