Leaf Blower Type

Old 10-12-02, 01:11 PM
Leaf Blower Type

I am looking to buy a good leaf blower. I want gas-powered and something fairly powerful. I do not want to spend my wifes dinner money though. hehehe

Basically, what would be the best type? backpack, handheld, the one on wheels? I want to be able to blow the leaves off of grass and also the blow the dammmm acorns and leaves that are all over my street and driveway. What type should I buy and what brand for a good price? Also, anyone in the Massachusetts area selling one used?

Peace: e3 - spamman

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-02, 06:21 PM
spamman,
Aren't we lucky, they're still legal east of the CA border. Some cities in Ca have outlawed them!

Anyway, a wheeled unit will be expensive, and hand-helds aren't very powerful. If you have a large yard, the back-pack is probably the route to go. I have a Homelite BP and it gets the job done until the leaves are piled a foot high or more, then things slow down. I often lay out a huge tarp, blow em on it and then drag them into the woods. A smaller BP will set you back $180 to $200 or so. If you can afford more get an Echo or Stihl, both make very nice powerful units. I was considering shelling out about $400 or so up until this afternoon. I was pressure washing a ton of large rccks today and discovered my pressure washer disperses alot of leaves in short order. Luckily I can blow them into the woods. When more leaves fall I'll try the pw again.

fred