Broken clutch

Old 10-16-02, 09:09 PM
jenningsjs
Visiting Guest
Broken clutch

I have a Craftsman model # 917270810 that I took apart. I cannot figure out where the secondary clutch rod attatches to the deck. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-02, 07:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello jenningsjs!

Sears has a nice website with exploded views of their equipment. It is www.sears.com. Go to the parts section, plug in you model#, view diagram, and there you go. This way, you can look at the part I am about to describe. There is a plate that swivels on the deck. It has the tensioner pulley attathed to it. Move the tensioner pulley back and forth to see the plate that moves. This plate has a hole in it with a notch on either side of the hole to allow the rod to go into the hole from one angle, and then you turn it to connect the other end. this locks it into place. If it has come out, then either the tabs on the rod are worn off, or the hole in the plate is worn out. I can imagine that this description is hard to follow if you are not familiar with these decks, so maybe the sears website will allow you to see what I'm describing. Let us know how it goes, and if we can further explain.