Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Stripped Lawnmower sparkplug hole

GA

10-18-02, 06:11 AM   #1  
Stripped Lawnmower sparkplug hole

Does anyone know where to find a tool (some call it a tap) that will allow me to rethread the spark plug hole (13/16), for a Tecuhmes Vector Synergy? The local hardware store is of no use, thus I've had to once again turn to the gurus.

Sponsored Links
Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

10-18-02, 06:50 PM   #2  
Hello: Quark

The tool you may be looking for is called a thread chaser. It can be found at almost any automotive parts store.

If that doesn't correct the problem, a heil coil may resolve the problem. Just be sure to follow the directions using this part.

Another option, depending upon the degree the existing threads are damaged, is to use a thread die. Head removal is suggested.

In all cases, concern should be metal chips and debris falling into the cyclinder. A thin magnet may help remove any metal should some fall down into the spark plug hole.

Most likely I have not covered all of the potential possibilities. The other resident small engine service and repair professionals may offer additional suggestions, advice & help.

Check back on your topic several times over the next several days for additional replies.

Regards & Good Luck,
Tom_B
Small Engine Forum Moderator
"Accurate Power Equipment Company"
Small Engine Diagnostics Services and Repair.

Search this Thread