Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Lawn Tractor Problem

Visiting Guest

10-24-02, 02:36 PM   #1  
blair101
john deere

My John Deere 445 v-twin 22hp electronic fuel injection overhead valves ,K series design 02/98 350 manhours lawntractor, will not start. Parked it running fine, came back a week later and no start. Installed new sparks plugs, and nothing, checked the spark, and no fire. It turns over strong , but no fire. getting gas, but not sure about how strong the flow. , All fuses are good, SO WHY WON"T IT START.>

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-24-02, 07:48 PM   #2  
Hello Blair 101!

That engine is one that I have not gotten familiar with yet. The problem could be somewhere other than the engine though, like in a bad safety switch. Is it in neutral? PTO turned off? full of oil? (there is probably a low-oil sensor that kills ignition if low). Were the spark plugs touching a metal part of the frame when you checked for spark?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

10-28-02, 06:02 PM   #3  
lukea
No spark???

More then likely it is a safety switch/contact that is not functioning correctly. There are switches under the seat and on the PTO somewhere. They should be normally closed switches that are easy to check with a multimeter or continuity tester. Good luck.
Luke

Visiting Guest

12-04-02, 06:22 AM   #4  
blair101
Thank You, the safety switch under the seat was the problem. It apeared to have just corroded, and could not make contact.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-04-02, 11:25 PM   #5  
Great! I'm glad we could help!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread