Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Engine Running Problem

Visiting Guest

10-26-02, 06:35 AM   #1  
Robert Coleman
Craftsman snowthrower

#3 daughter purchased a snowthrower last year. Doubt if she used it more than once or twice. After I got it started, the engine ocillated. Manual said the fuel line is plugged. Ridiculous. Plug is clean and gap set correctly. Clean gas/oil mixture put in tank. Apparently there is no speed control. The float sticks in the up position. What else should I check? Thanks, Bob

Sponsored Links

ME

10-27-02, 05:15 AM   #2  
Are you saying this is a 2 cycle engine. I find it odd that you said gas/oil mixture in tank? Most of these type of machines utilize a 4 cycle engine. Just curious..... As far as the oscillation of the motor I'd start with checking of the carb. linkages. It may have been bumped into during storage and unhooked/bent something?? Keep checking back though, other members may have some ideas to help you out.

Visiting Guest

10-27-02, 05:47 AM   #3  
Joe_F
Need to post model #s and engine specifics (HP, brand, type, etc) for someone to help/research it.

I just fixed my uncle's Toro CCR Series 2 cycle blower yesterday. He's been asking me to have a look at it, so I did yesterday.

Broken primer bulb, dirty spark plug, both were 5 bucks from the local small engine dealer and installed in 5 minutes.

The root problem? Out of fuel/oil even after I asked him TWICE if the proper mixture was in the tank.

Rule #1 ? Check it for yourself .

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-27-02, 10:56 PM   #4  
Hello Robert!

I noticed you mentioned that the float sticks in the up position. This is not good, and may be part or all of the problem. The float should not stick in any position. It should fall under its' own weight and move freely up and down. This does sound like a fuel delivery problem...most likely a carburetor problem rather than clogged fuel lines. A carb rebuild seems to be in order.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread