Lawn Tractor Question

Old 11-05-02, 09:04 AM
Sears tractor/deck compatible?

Hello, I have access to a Sears GT/18 tractor with the snowblower attachment on front. I will purchase a Sears deck in a couple of hours from ebay if I know it will fit. Question is :does Anyone know if a YT 140 from a Sears Lawn Mower Model YTV/ 16 Varidrive 44" will fit my GT/18 Model Model 917.253744? Thanks much in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-02, 09:16 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Your Sears unit is an American Yard Products/Roper/AYP unit (the 917 in the model # denotes that).

If that unit is fitted for use on AYP, then I would say yes. You could call up AYP and ask them for sure.

Old 11-17-02, 08:26 PM
If your lucky you can go to sears.com and look up your tractor useing that model number. It may tell you what deck this tractor takes. That model number of the ebay deck don't sound right. All Sears model numbers start with 917 or 502. Sears hasn't put 44" decks on their tractors for at lest 12 to 14 years so if your tractor is not that old I would be carefull.

Old 11-18-02, 02:25 PM
Thats old... I will check the tractor age..

Thats old... I will check the tractor age.. but I'm stuck with it now cause I bought it on ebay. Nice wide cut.. sissor mount looks just like in the Pics of other smaller units that were on sale on ebay that claimed to fit.... I have only the manual for tractor as of now... Hope to get tractor at months end.... Why didn't they put wider decks on later models? It'd be nice to set it up with wheels instead of steel drag-bars on either side.. Shouldn't be too tough. I've got a bunch of adjustables from old sears push mowers that would attach and adjust with one hole (it seems).

Old 11-18-02, 10:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The later model craftsmans do have larger decks, but not 44" recently. They skip from 42" to 46" and up. I have an older 44" craftsman. About 16 years old. 16HP, electric PTO, Hydrostatic trans. Still runs great. The scissor-type hanger was used a long time ago, so if your mower is old, it may fit. Does yours have the scissor hangers? I think the 36" mowers had them back then, but I can't remember if they are interchangeable with the 44".

Search this Thread