Carb Adjustment

Old 11-10-02, 07:14 AM
hurleyvcr
Visiting Guest
tecumseh carb adjustment

I have a tecumseh 8hp on my snowblower (about 20 yrs old) not sure what model it is and can"t find it anywhere on it. I want to adjust the carb,would there be much of a change in settings if I did it at an outside temperature of 16c as apposed to below freezing.

Old 11-10-02, 08:23 AM
hurleyvcr
Visiting Guest
model # ?

I don't know how significant the missing numbers are but this is what I found under the starter HM80-1?5016F,ser#9116?.
Does anybody have info on this engine with some detail on how to adjust the carb.

Old 11-10-02, 08:40 AM
buttlint
Visiting Guest
http://www.cpdonline.com/home.htm Hurley, this distributor offers the service manual for your machine. Smoker @ the garden web forum, is the one resposible for providing that link. It's in the pdf format, so you can save it or print it. Dealers sell it for about 7 bucks, which isnt that outragous, if you want a bound copy.
Temp does make some differance, seems like more on the 2-cycle units more than the 4-cycle ones.

Old 11-10-02, 11:15 AM
hurleyvcr
Visiting Guest
Thanks buttlint

I looked all over for info on this engine and got it all in one shot on that site thanks alot buttlint.

Old 11-10-02, 11:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Hello Hurleyvcr!

There is a small screw coming out of the side of the carb just over the bowl. Screw it in until it lightly bottoms out, then back it out 1&1/2 to 2 turns. On the bottom of the bowl should be another screw. Do the same with it, then with engine running, screw it in until the engine seems to want to run badly, then screw it out until the same happens, then split the difference. This should get you to a point where the engine runs well, and you might be able to fine-tune it a bit if needed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: