2 Cycle Engine Problem

Old 12-15-02, 12:28 PM
sniper3270
Visiting Guest
not running right

i have mccollch mac 65 weedeater it has been sitting for about a year i cleaned the carb real good changed the fuel line igot it to run but when it runs it wants to reve up and down it lopes it sounds like it's getting enough sometimes and it sounds like sometimes it don't need help...............thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-02, 01:50 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Believe it or not, I had a similar problem with my Mac 32cc blower.

The problem? The cylinder head bolts (screws actually) were loose!!!

I tightened them and it worked like a charm. Now the coil's shot. LOL.

(I'm on that, thanks to this forum ).

Old 12-15-02, 11:34 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Sniper!

Joe mentioned a very good possibility. The problem you described could be caused by a long list of things on a 2 stroke engine like that. It could be a carb problem, carb adjustment, fuel filter, fuel cap vent restriction, air leak between the crankcase and cover, loose head bolts, loose carb, partially restricted exhaust, pinhole or crack in fuel line(s), etc...

Does it do this at idle, or wide open, or all times? There are 2 small screws, side by side on the carb. If the problem is at idle, then try backing out the screw closest to the engine 1/4 turn or so. If it does it at wide open, then try the other screw. Also try loosening the gas cap to see if it straightens out. (if you don't find the problem upon inspection of all above things mentioned).

Let us know how it goes!