Chainsaw Question

Old 12-15-02, 12:34 PM
sniper3270
Visiting Guest
mac 1010

i can purchase 2 mac 10 10 chainsaws 20 inch bar for 150.00 don't know if they run or not would it worth the buy sence u can't get parts for them

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-02, 01:48 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
McCulloch is a headache to deal with and is in virtual shambles from what I can gather. I tried dealing with them on a 32cc leaf blower/vac my sister got me at a garage sale for free (post is a couple down from this one). They weren't very helpful.

150 is steep even for the pair. We're talking maybe 75 bucks a pair at best in my book. For a bean and half you can buy a new one (or put your $$$ to a great one) from Sears or Home Depot.

Old 12-15-02, 11:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I think you could find a better deal, unless they run well. Then, as said, you have to consider that parts are getting scarce. I do like McCulloch products generally, as decent machines for the money. They usually aren't top of the line, but are more than acceptable in my opinion. I would express that my opinion of craftsman saws is not the best. They had good saws at one time, but they are running at the bottom of my list right now. Again...an opinion formed by my experience in the trade.

For reliability, I find it hard to beat a Stihl. But every time I look at a new one my wallet puckers, lol! I don't need a new one anyways...my 18 year old one runs just as good now as it did off the shelf. Starts every time in 1 to 3 pulls of the rope.