Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Parts Parts Parts

Visiting Guest

01-02-03, 04:30 PM   #1  
eager mike
Parts Parts Parts

Where do I get the best deal on parts? I'm talking about everything from engines to throttle cables. Any thoughts?

I'd love to work on-line if possible. I live in the Omaha NE area.

THANKS!!

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

01-03-03, 09:38 AM   #2  
Hello Eager Mike!

I don't do any parts business online, so I can't reccomend any sites to you. You might try a search engine, looking for small engine parts or someting similar. I'm sure you'll come up with a lot of sites.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

01-03-03, 10:36 AM   #3  
Joe_F
I'm with Cheese. It depends on who you are.

Guys like Cheese, "Fish" and others here (excluding myself) are in the business and probably have wholesales/companies they deal with on a regular basis that they have accounts with. They would cater to business owners of small engine repair.

I'm sure there are online sources that offer discount parts. However, price isn't the only object. Sure, vendor A might be 15 bucks cheaper, but if he/she sends you a snowblower cable you order in January in April, he/she isn't much good, right? .

I would sugges you plug in "Small Engine Parts" into www.google.com and see what comes up.

Good luck!

Visiting Guest

01-03-03, 07:32 PM   #4  
mikejmerritt
Depends On What You Want Do.....

....If you want to be a dealer of Briggs, Tecumseh or Kohler etc. you would have to go through a process to qualify and all that really requires is a shop of a certain caliber and some seminars etc. I would suggest one build up to that. You can get almost the same prices buying from an SD (small distributor) and let them do the seminars. That is what I do and I also use
<a href=http://www.hgmakelim.com/Engines/silver_streak.htm>Silver Streak</a> and <a href=http://www.loftinequip.com/primeline.html>Prime Line</a> parts which are fine after market parts at very good prices. My SD is a Silver Streak and Prime Line dealer as well as all major brands of OEM parts used in my area. Orders in by 3PM ship to my door the next day because they are 60 miles from here.....Mike

Search this Thread